‘The Best Gems on the Web!’
Gem-A Corporate Member
Gemmological Association of Great Britain
* All gemstones from ShangrilaGems are Fully Traceable from the Mine to you the customer
* Mozambique Ruby superb color
* Treated with heat only*
* A hard stone at 9 on the scale of hardness with 10 being the hardest (diamond)
* Suitable for engagement rings
* Please consider the level of magnification. This is hugely magnified!
*WARNING ON RUBY TREATMENTS*
Many gemstones are sold on line with sellers not disclosing the treatment details and or not knowing the full treatment details. There are many treatments to ruby including heating, glass filling and surface diffusion treatment, beryllium treatment, lab created and dying. Heat treatment of gemstones has taken place since Egyptian times and the color of the gem will not change over time - it is permanent. Most Rubies are heat treated. We tear our hair out when customers expect a 10 carat ruby for $100 because they have seen it elsewhere - the treatment has not been disclosed or fully explained - this will be a glass filled ruby with 90% glass and 10% ruby. Called 'Composite Ruby' in the industry.
Buy gemstones from a reputed seller!
Ruby is the gemstone of love. Astrologers say that ruby generates liveliness and sparks in human nature. It casts away despair and gloominess of character. Ruby is effective in safeguarding a person from evil spirits. Ruby is said to enhance financial stability and assures recognition in the society.