Really nice design, resulting in a dark blue and violet gem. There are a number of inclusions on the larger end, you can see them well in the photos. They actually reflect a lot of color in that part of the gem, and none break the surface. The stone is on the darker side, hence the attractive price.
- Weight: 9.34 carats
- Dimensions (mm): 17.2 x 9.8 x 8.3
- Origin: Merelani Hills, Tanzania
- Color: 2.5PB 4/14 and 7.5 PB 4/14 (vivid blue and vivid purplish blue)
- Clarity: SI2 (several small inclusions in the bottom third of the stone)
- Cut: "Alcove" by Loren Brown
- Treatments: possibly heated in the rough, we don't know for sure
- Overall Quality Grade: 7.5
Color determines the base value of a gemstone. We report either GIA color codes or Gemworld International color codes or both.
Grading is done per Gemworld International's grading system. The overall quality grade determines the wholesale value of the stone.