SILVER is a very popular precious metal because it is a very resistant mineral. Silver does not react to water or oxygen. However when silver is exposed to air it has a reaction to Sulphur and sulphides’ causing SILVER to tarnish. However there are chemicals coatings that are used to protect it from tarnishing and polishing it removes the tarnish.
Silver is also a conductor for electricity.
Silver is a mineral which is easy to work with that’s why is so popular with jewellers. Silver is formed and designed for industrial as well as ornamental displays.
Silver is made into beautiful objects, such as candleholders, cutlery, and goblets to name a few.
Silver is also used by dentists for bactericides and antiseptics.
Make sure you clean your silver often. If you clean your silver all the time, it will not tarnish. Silver can be washed in warm water with detergent (as long as the detergent is phosphate free). Always make sure that you wash stainless steel dishes separately from silver because the stainless steel can damage the silver finish. Use a soft cloth or towel to dry the silver.
There are also products called commercial dips to clean silver, which will dissolve the stain by just quick dipping it and not rubbing. With this in mind you need to follow the manufacturers directions.