This beautiful purple spinel was originally very dark, but a recut fixed that. Now it is a very attractive gem, cut in an original octagonal design.
- Weight: 6.90 carats
- Dimensions (mm): 11.9 x 11.9 x 7.5
- Origin: Mahenge, Tanzania
- Color: 10P 5/10 (strong purple)
- Clarity: SI (See inclusions on upper-left in main photo)
- Cut: "RS Octagon" by Loren Brown
- Treatments: None
- Overall Quality Grade: 8
Color determines the base value of a gemstone. We report either GIA color codes or Gemworld International color codes or both.
Grading is done per Gemworld International's grading system. The overall quality grade determines the wholesale value of the stone.