Are you looking for a place to sell gemstones online? Gem Rock Auctions is a fantastic marketplace that allows all types of people to sell their natural precious gemstones online direct to the public.
Sell Gemstones Online
There are many options for selling gemstones online, but Gem Rock Auctions is by far one of the best. We are currently expanding and are looking for new sellers to come on board to show off their beautiful gems. If you have some beautiful natural gemstones, ethical business manners and know how to do business online, then I would like to extend an invitation to you to join us. We welcome both professionals and hobbyists who are:
- Gemstone Dealers
- Gemstone Cutters / Facetor
- Rough Dealers
- Miners and Collectors
- Gemstone hobbyists including those that cut their own stones
Who Are We?
We are a family of Opal miners and dealers who saw an opening in the market for online selling. We started Opal Auctions 10 years ago and quickly noticed that there was a need to provide an online marketplace for Gemstones as well. That’s when we created Gem Rock Auctions.
We design and develop both of the websites ourselves as well as manage all marketing including Google AdWords, Facebook marketing and banner advertising.
Our websites often get compared to eBay and Etsy, however there are a few key differences:
- We only allow people to become sellers onto our site that are ethical and have been verified by us
- We only sell natural gemstones on our website. We do not allow any synthetic or man-made stones on our website. Natural gemstones with treatments are welcome but they must be clearly described
- We have a
program. This program is a panel of experts who keep an eye on things to make sure no one lists anything that is not accurate.
Our Stats Speak For Themselves
- Total number of people who visit our sites everyday: 16,000
- 112,158 Members
Gem Rock Auctions
- 93,576 Gemstones For Sale
- 323,286 Gemstones Sold Online
- 79,830 Opals For Sale
- 351,008 Opals Sold Online
Commonly Asked Questions
There looks to be a lot of competition on the site
- There are many Verified sellers who each have their own specialities. Gemstones are unique, so customers will have more choice but having many stones in one place means customers stay on our site and will see more of your stones.
- Unlike other auction sites, you will only be competing against people who are selling natural gemstones. You won’t have to compete against people selling synthetic stones or pieces of glass.
I’m only a little fish in a big pond, what will it cost me?
- We encourage all types of sellers, from international big volume sellers all the way down to individual gem cutters who cut beautiful stones for a hobby. We encourage a diverse range of sellers.
- There are three separate fees that you need to be aware of. Monthly store fee, Listing fee and commission fee.
- Our Starter Plan has no store fee and allows you to list up to 50 items. Once you upgrade to the next plan you will be able to list more items but you will incur a monthly charge starting at $25
- To list an item it will cost you $0.50 per item. This fee is always charged, even on the Starter Plan. However unlike other sites you only pay this fee once and your item will be relisted indefinitely or until it is sold. Only $0.50 for the life of the item.
- When you do sell an item, our commission rate is 10% for items up to $50 and then decreases to 5% for items over $20,000. This fee is always charged, even on the starter plan
How good is Gem Rock Auctions really? Tell me some significant sales that you have had through your site recently?
- Tourmaline, $9,000
- Alexandrite $6,200
- Cobalt Spinel, $2,000
How do people buy gemstones off your website?
- We have an integrated paypal system and we use Stripe to accept payments via credit card
- Payments are made directly to you. You will be issued a commission statement on the 15th of each month
- The most popular category is the No Reserve Gemstone Auctions (http://www.gemrockauctions.com/auctions/no-reserve-gemstone-online-auctions/) This section allows buyers to place gemstones on auction with a starting price of $1. The stone then sells to the highest bidder. This is a great way to “be seen” especially if you are a new seller. You do not have to place items up for auction is you don’t want to. 60% of sales come from normal fixed price listings.
We would like you to consider joining us on Gem Rock Auctions as a verified seller. Please download the application Form below and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org
Verified Seller Application Form (Ver 2.1)